How To Develop A Better E-Commerce Website Through Magento?
The growing numbers of companies around the world are enjoying the incredible advantages and endless opportunities provided by the Internet to various organizations on the digital platform. The status of the market proves that online sales help in gaining a massive power that includes increased number of digital buyers (globally) and the overall sales by more than 60 percent.
In this high competitive market, both newcomers and matured businesses look for reaping the benefits of ecommerce websites. The former looks for boosting the sales and the latter to go beyond the expected level. When it comes to website, the concept of php programming is bound to come. Therefore, if you’re looking to hire php programmers in Canada make sure to choose an appropriate platform to work on. Currently, here are various platforms available on which you can develop an e-commerce website. But how will you determine which one is the best?
Why Magento platform is the best?
In the current generation e-commerce is a requisite for every business category. A sophisticated e-commerce solution is everyone’s lookout. A complete platform that offers a blend of extensibility, flexibility and scalability, right at the fingertips! Magento is the only platform that offers world class features and mobile friendly theme to maintain the engagement of the customers. It has crossed millions in terms of downloads and is also one of the most popular e-commerce platform in the digital landscape.
More about Magento
Magento is an open source e-commerce platform and thus, becomes the first choice for every medium to large sized company that dreams of digitalizing its stores. Some of the advantages are:
- Community edition without any cost
- Unlimited customization through built-in and extensions like modules and plugins
- Convenient upgrades to prevent losing of current customization
- The nature of open source helps in the improvement of ongoing code
- Built-in SEO
- Modular architecture to facilitate scalability
- Mobile friendly platform
- Supports various payment methods
Determining the phases of development project
Using the example of an e-store there are three main phases of a development project. In a generic, simple structure the development process will include a catalog, payment feasibility and transactional email. As a rough guide the creation process will include:
- Platform Installation
- Theme Setup
- Configuration of required features
Basic requirements before working on Magento
- Memory requirement: 2GB RAM
- Environment: LNMP or LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- Operating System: Linux x86-64 (CentOS, Debian, RedHat Enterprise Linus, Ubuntu and others)
- Web Server:2, Apache 2.4, Nginx 1.8
- Server Hosting: Can run scheduled tasks (crontab) with PHP 5 and also override options in .htaccess files
- Database: MySQL 5.6 and 5.7
- Required PHP extensions: bc-math, curl, ImageMagick 6.3.7, gd, mcrypt, and many
- PHP: PHP 5.6.5-5.6.x, PHP 7.0.6-7.0.x, PHP 7.0.4, PHP 7.0.2
- SSL: a valid security certificate for HTTPS, PayPal and many
- Enabled PHP OPache
- Supported technologies: Redis, Memcached, Varnish etc.
- Mail Server: SMTP, Mail Transfer Agent (MTA)
After preparing your system with the basic requirements make sure to hire magento programmers as platform based developers can work the best and bring best out from the project.
Stay tuned for the upcoming blog on Magento based website