In the last 5 years, a lot of major changes have occurred in Google, all with the intent of providing the search experience to its users. From shifting to mobile-first to rolling out major algorithm updates, the dynamics have drastically changed and so has the adaptability of marketers alongside.
Below is a list of 5 SEO shifts one needs to be familiar with if you want to keep up the game and make profits despite the major changes.
1. SEO and its Content Convergence
SEO alone isn’t sufficient enough to ensure that everyone will like your content relatable.
- Ensure your content creation is based on data. Marketing your content that lacks data is of no worth.
- Foster search, social and content synergy. In order to boost your search rank, creating SEO-friendly content is the key
- Maximize your search engine results page (SERP) footprint. Create articles, videos, and infographics that can be tagged as high-ROI content. Take advantage of viral and trendy topics.
2. Mobile and Mobile-First
- Recognize that this is a mobile-first world. According to a research, lack of mobile optimization can see a less traffic percentage of even 68 percent.
- Make your mobile SEO fast. There is no chance of a slow responding mobile site in order to ensure a good traffic rate.
- Consider contextual mobile content. The contents should be user-friendly and which is easy to understand and loved by all.
- From Local Search to Hyperlocal Search
- Own local search. The contact information should be easily accessible.
- Hyperlocal optimization is supremely important. If targeting small geographic area is the target, you can rely on Google’s personalized hyper-local results. Thus, optimizing the Google page can be done accordingly.
- Understand the intersection of local and mobile. Optimizing for the local search is important here as these users are doing it constantly, making optimization a need.
- More towards Voice Search
- More voice searches, more answers. Trying out with Voice search will fetch a different type of search results. This is done by identifying the keyword and optimizing the content.
- Get smart about intelligent agents by ensuring that the content is in a perfect alignment with the internet and also taking care of the interest of the customers.
- The Shift to Machine Learning
- View data as a source of truth.
- Utilize AI & machine learning.
Define metrics and measurement.